Friday, April 29, 2011

I Will Stand By You


I have so many friends having a hard time right now. All for various reasons, but hard times, nonetheless.

It breaks my heart.

I'm a fixer. It's what I do. When someone is suffering or tormented, I want to fix it. I want to make it better. I want to take all their pain away.

I hate that I can't always do that. I hate admitting that most things are beyond my control. I hate knowing that I can't give people what they so desperately want. I hate knowing that I can't protect people from the harsh words of others. I hate that my friends are living through tough times, that I can't take away.

But, I can offer a hug. I can give them a shoulder to cry on. I can listen to their troubles. 

If that fails...I'm always willing to share my hidden stash of chocolate... :)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Thank you for listening to me. :*(