Monday, April 18, 2011

I DID IT!!!

I did it...and you know what? It. Was. Worth. It.

I still don't know how I'm going to survive nursing school. (But I will!) I still don't know if I'll even get in. (Yes I will!) I don't know how I will manage the workload and everything else. (But I will!)

But...I know that it will be worth it, when I do. The magic of Friday night, was unbelievable. Everything I had sacrificed, that my family had sacrificed...the sleepless nights, the stress of tests, the harsh deadlines...it all melted away when they announced my name and I walked across stage to receive my diploma.


Me, Ry and Bay, before ceremony


Getting my diploma and shaking every one's hands. (Sanitizer, anyone...?) ;)

My whole world, and the reason that I do, everything that I do. Above all else, I want to make them proud.

Josh, I owe you so much. You have really filled in the gaps, when I have needed to study and do homework, these past few years. Your support and encouragement is what got me through those times when I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel and wanted to give up. I love you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. <3

12 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Congrats dear friend, you have earned every bit of it!!! Your amazing!!! WALLOW in that glory girl!

Annie said...

congrats leeann! that is fantastic. and yes, you will get in. and you will finish. way to go!

Amy said...

Congraduations! :) I have been following your blog since 09. I know this is a very special day for you. I went back to school when I was 29. A single mom, going to nursing school.........it was so hard, but so worth it. And I did it for my girls.

You are lucky to have such a wonderful family supporting you!
Congrats again! I look forward to hearing about nursing school.

Pamela said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting to complete this chapter. I went back to school to get my teaching degree and have never regretted all of the hard work that went into making it happen while trying to be a good wife and mother. Savour this moment! You did it!

Mike and Jen said...

First off.. CONGRATS! I am so excited for you.. What an accomplishment!
Second.. You are flippin gorgeous! And you have one of thee cutest families I have EVER seen.
Third.. You will rock nursing school:)

Andrea said...

You are SO amazing, my friend. xoxo CONGRATS on your huge accomplishment!

Candygirlflies said...

WOW!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

As a mum who went back to university to finish my own post-grad degree, I KNOW how hard you have worked, and how much you and your family have sacrificed...

WOW. xoxoxo CGF

Aceneth Warner said...

WOW!!! I am so inspired by you right now. What an example you are to your family and your friends, thank you !

Bethany said...

Congratulations!!!!! I've been reading here for years and I'm proud of you!

Common Mom said...

Huge Kudos to you!!! You deserve it all . . . you will get in . . . you will survive it all . . . and you'll do awesome!

Love the photo of you with the kiddos :-)

McKell Anderson said...

Congrats!! So happy for you Leeann. You are definitely an inspiration! Love the pics too!

mickey said...

wow look at you. i am SO PROUD of you. i always knew you could do it. and one day we will be working side by side assisting a mommy in labor. u rock "mrs. i'm gratuated!!!!" love ya!