Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stand Up And Be Their Voice!!

It is the responsibility of every adult in this world, to protect the children in their lives. This could be their own children, their nieces, their nephews, their grandchildren, their cousins, their friend's children, the little neighbor kid down the street...it doesn't matter.

When I hear of a child not being protected... I. ABSOLUTELY. LOSE. IT.

Abuse, in any form, is a lifelong scar. The wound may heal. Time may fade it. But still, it will remain. Memories can and will be, easily triggered, decades after the abuse has ended. When an abuser hurts a child, they are not just hurting the child...they are hurting the self-esteem, self worth and confidence of the adult, that the child will one day become. The abuser is condemning that child to a lifelong sentence of mental torment.

When it comes to the innocence of a child, I don't give a damn who I piss off. I am not here to be your confidant. I am not here to be your therapist. I am not here to be your friend. If you do not want to protect the children in your life... SHAME ON YOU. I, however, will not allow a child to remain voiceless because of your own selfish attitude.

No comments: