Saturday, March 26, 2011

Over It

I'm over Josh's crazy shifts.

I'm over kissing him good-bye, before dinner. I'm over sleeping alone. I'm over him sleeping during the day...so even when he's here...he's not really here. I'm over having a crazy schedule that gets screwed up constantly, because he's rotating shifts all the time. I'm over him being gone every other weekend, so family time is completely compromised.

Over it.

For almost 13 years, we have been dealing with this crap. He has never worked a normal shift and I think I'm long overdue to have some normalcy in my life.

He's up for a Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm job, right now. It's still with the same company, it's just different job responsibilities. Heaven help me, if he doesn't get it. His bosses may have one pissed off employee's wife, to deal with.

I just want to know that he'll be home at night to have dinner! I want to know that he'll be here, so I can go to school and not worry about a babysitter. I want to know that on the weekends, we can plan to do things with the munchkins, without figuring out if he's even going to be around. I want to stop feeling like a single mother, most of the time.

Is it too much to ask? I just want to spend time with my husband. I do kinda like the man, after all.

1 comment:

Lacey Sue said...

It took Chad 12 years of being there to finally nab a job that brings some normalcy to our home. Good luck Josh!