Thursday, March 24, 2011

Morning Memories

I love Saturday mornings in my house.

It usually consists of a huge, late breakfast. Pancakes or french toast. Sausage or bacon. Fruit. Eggs. Toast. Sometimes hash browns, if I'm really feeling motivated. Chocolate milk.

But, that's not why I like Saturday mornings so much.

It's because that is one morning out of the week, where we slow down and relax. Everyone crowds my kitchen and has some hand in helping prepare the food. Then, the entire family sits around the table and we enjoy each other's company.

When the children have grown and moved out, this is one of the many things I will remember and miss. The smell of syrup in the air. The insane piles of food. The children's giggles. The stories. The "fights" over whether turkey bacon actually tastes like real bacon. The jokes and the teasing.

The smiling faces of everyone I love, seated around the table. I love them all, so very much.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Sounds like a perfect morning to me! :)