Friday, March 18, 2011

I've Figured It Out!!

What is it, about a door shutting, that makes all the children of my genetic lineage, come RUNNING?

Do they think that if I'm alone for even 5 minutes, I will suddenly develop parental amnesia and forget that they exist? Not possible.

You know why?

BECAUSE I'M NEVER ALONE FOR 5 MINUTES!!

The second my bedroom door shuts so that I can, I dunno...get dressed...or the bathroom door shuts so I can...perhaps...brush my teeth...it's like a stampede.

*BANG! BANG! BANG!*

"MOM!? MOM?! ARE YOU IN THERE? WHEN ARE YOU COMING OUT???"

THIS is why Moms of America wear pajama pants to Wal-mart, people. It's not because they've let themselves go. Oh, no! It's because they are never allowed 5 minutes to groom themselves, without fingers reaching under the door, like some sadistic sci-fi movie!

They've given  up trying to ready themselves, because the entire time they are just yelling, "CAREFUL! The flat iron is HOT!" or "PLEASE! Don't use my toothbrush on the cat!" or "REALLY?!?! My mascara??? IN. THE. TOILET?? AGAIN???!"

*sigh*

So, stop judging.

Although, I will say...the ones that are wearing their slippers, too...have at them. I have no excuse for them.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

;) Love you!

Leeann said...

*giggle*

The bloggy was due for some silliness.

Lacey Sue said...

THANK YOU!!! I needed this...especially after my "p.j" experience of yesterday. I proudly stand up and a Mom who (and I quote cranky preschool mom lady) "IS ALWAYS wearing" my p.j.s for this VERY reason. Between child #1, #2, and baby #3 I have zippo time to groom!