Tuesday, March 29, 2011

An End In Sight. Well...One Of Many.

It's finally happening!!

I got the letter about graduation, in the mail the other day! On April 15, 2011, I will get to wear the black cap and gown that I have coveted for so long and accept my first college diploma!

For years, I have dreamed of the day that I would pose for a picture, with my children, wearing that cap and gown. That is what kept me going through semesters when I wanted to give it all up and quit. The image of me, with my children and proof of my hard work.

To say that I am excited, doesn't begin to describe the emotions that I'm feeling. I can't believe that this day is finally here. I've taken more tests than I can remember. I've written some papers I'm proud of. I've studied more hours than I can count. I've experienced horrible professors and learning with cadavers. I've made some great friends and I've realized how strong I am. It's been a trying...and amazing few years.

Now? Now I keep working toward a Bachelor's degree while I wait to be accepted into a nursing program. That is where the true test begins. Can I do it? Am I really  that strong? Or did I just become really good at faking it? Staring into the future and what is to come, is overwhelming. How am I going to do it? How will I juggle a family and work and school and clinicals?

Everyone says I can...but, can I?

I don't want April 15th to be the end of my journey. I've worked too hard, to give up now. In a couple weeks, I'll have the picture that I've always wanted. Next goal? To hear my children say, "That's my Mom! She's a nurse!" :)

6 comments:

Aceneth Warner said...

So so very proud of you!!! you inspire me..!

McKell Anderson said...

CONGRATS!! April 15th is going to be such a fun day! So proud of you!

Michele B. said...

YAY!...Congrats Leeann! Finally some recognition for all that amazing hard work you do! Hopefully our paths continue through nursing school together :)...

Whitney said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I'm so much more behind than you... but everytime I think of giving up cuz it is hard, I think about you. If you can do it with more than double the amount of kids than me, and working, I can definitely do it! Thank you for your inspiration.

Lacey Sue said...

Congrats girl!

common mom said...

I'm terribly delinquent on this post, but huge huge huge congrat's to you! I hope you truly enjoy this moment with your family and realize how very special this accomplishment is.

Congrat's!