Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love Is Spelled R-E-S-P-E-C-T

There is something priceless, about being with people who love you, just for being you. There is no need to fake anything about yourself, to fit in. There is no need to pretend to be someone that you aren't. There is no need to pretend to be someone that you are. They love you...just because you, are you.

Another aspect of this, is that when you are with these people, you can truly love yourself...because you are being your real self. It's amazing, when you recognize...this is who I am. Love me...or don't...but I can't change myself to fit some mold, that you need me to be in.

However, I'm also discovering that finding out who you are, is a life long process. Every time I think I have things figured out, another layer of myself unfolds. I have to take time to learn to love this new layer and adapt it to my previous ideas of who I am. Things that used to be important to me, are no longer held with such high regard. Things that never before mattered, suddenly mean a lot more.

One thing I've realized through life, is that some people in life can't handle change. If I am not a particular version of myself, I am suddenly less worthy of their love or praise or respect. I've had to slowly understand that this is not my issue, but theirs. I can't control who loves or accepts me.

I can just be eternally thankful...for those of you, that do.

2 comments:

McKell Anderson said...

AMEN!

Aceneth Warner said...

Leeann, I could have not said it any better. I wish I could paste it a copy it to my blog. this is just what I wish so many would see. just love people for who they are, we could miss out on so many AMAZING people and the things they could teach us. I love it....Thank for sharing.