Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I'm A Work In Progress

I debated doing this post...because WOW does it suck posting these pictures and realizing how... *shudder*...I used to look. But, you know what? I've been through a lot and worked hard to get where I am...so why not celebrate my journey so far? It's not over...not by a long shot...but I think I deserve to be excited about what I've done in 4.5 years.

The top left picture was my absolute heaviest I have ever been. That was when I was pregnant with Luke. Obviously the top right was was when he was about a year old...and I hadn't lost much weight....ahem.
The bottom two pictures were taken within the last month, so 4.5 years later. (Keep in mind that I lost Carter and gave birth to Peanut during that 4.5 years...) Big changes, huh?

I'm not done! I'm still working hard to reach my goal...31 lbs to go, to do that!!! I can't wait to post pictures when I reach that. But, until then, I am going to celebrate the fact that as of today, I have lost a total of... 82 pounds. Crazy, isn't it? Josh says he didn't even realize that I was that big and to be honest...I didn't want to admit it either.

But...I can now.

Because...I'm not now.

And...I never will be again.

I can blame it on a lot of things.  (Like having 6 pregnancies in 7 years. Or having hypothyroidism.) But when it comes down to it, the reasons "why", don't really matter. All that matters is that I've done something about it.

Here's to the final chapter. The homestretch. The final  push. I know I can do this. :)

6 comments:

Michele B. said...

Leeann, that is incredible! You look great! I lost 50 pounda last year and was feeling down because I see people loose everything in less then a year and I still have 60 to loose, You are proof if you just stay the course it will happen! Thanks, you are an inspiration!

Annie said...

amazing! you are such an inspiration! keep up the great work. slow and steady wins the race!

Erin said...

You look awesome!! Keep up the good work :)

McKell Anderson said...

You look fantastic! Thanks for sharing your success with us!

gail said...

You are hot!!!

Whitney said...

You should not shudder at yourself when you were that heavy. You've done a lot of good in your life and your weight doesn't make you who you are. When I met you, Luke was just a year or so old. You were beautiful. I loved your personality and the way you treated other people, especially me. (And I loved your newly bald head!) You were beautiful despite your size. And you are beautiful now. Remember that!

Congrats, sista!