Thursday, February 10, 2011

A First...For This Blog

I got called out on a recent post. I totally had it coming and fully expected it from the sisters that did it. You know who you are... :)

I know I shouldn't care so much about what the scale says. I get that. I really, really, really do. Sometimes it's hard to break old habits and seriously..."Hi, my name is Leeann....and I'm a scale addict...".

However, in an effort to be positive and uplifting...let me tell you some good things.

I. Feel. Amazing!! Really. I haven't felt this good in...well... ever? I have more confidence, right now, than I have ever had in my entire life. Granted, that is attributed to a few things, but the fact that I have worked so hard to get where I am right now, helps a lot. I'm proud of myself! I did this! I'm still a work in progress...but dammit, I'm gonna pat myself on the back for getting here!

Pink has a new song out...I'm sure you've heard it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE some of the lyrics in it: "You're so mean, when you talk about yourself, you were wrong. Change the voices in your head, make them like you instead. So complicated, look happy, you'll make it! Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than... perfect." This is the attitude I want my daughters to have, so I better work on myself, too.

So, I'm going to do something I've never done before. An absolute first, for this blog. I am going to post a
picture of my lower half. Yup. I've always hidden it. But, I just bought some cute new jeans, that I love. So, no more hiding. This is ME. Love me for all that I am. Or, don't. That's okay, too. :)



I will never be stick skinny, again. (Thanks for my French ass, Meme!) ;) Having kids has totally changed my shape. But...I'm going to be proud of how I feel, where I am...and where I'm going. 

Even when the scale pisses me off. ;)

7 comments:

Aceneth Warner said...

Amen! there is nothing wrong with loving your new you.
This is what I think, if you love who you are, you will be a better person all around. Do what makes you Happy.
BTW, your butt looks great ;)!

Crysm said...

Oh. My. Gosh! You look fabulous!! Inside and out... you are perfect! I love you!

Jaquie said...

You look GREAT!!

Whitney said...

Love it!! Now you need to teach me your secrets!

Traci J. said...

HHHOOOOOLLLAAA look at that BBBBBOOOOOTTTTAAAYYYY! Every man like something to hold on to!! :) Way to change the attitude and throw that scale away! Plus do you know how many girls (me included) are working VERY hard to make us have a bigger, firmer bootay! keep up the good work!

Rachel said...

Dang! Don't be ashamed of THAT! ;)
You look amazing! (So weird that I'm commenting this on a picture of your butt! LOL)
I am one of those who would LOVE a little more in my rear, cause I got nothin!...thanks to my dad!
So...what IS your secret? I'm struggling with my last 20 lbs...

And...
Hi. I'm Rachel. I, too, am a scale addict.

bequi said...

I don't understand, what's wrong with your butt? Mine is GIANT, and I love it. You just have a cute tiny one!