Life in my house can never be described as "dull".
The other night, I was preparing dinner and I hear, "MOOOOOM!!" Now, I hear this all the time in my house. It's like the ticking of the clock and a good 80% of the time, I don't even hear it. This time, however, it was followed by the words, "...there's a FIRE!" I immediately turn around and go racing into the front room, to find a piece of paper lying on the carpet...in flames.
Let me back up a little bit. I burn candles around the house. They aren't where Presley can reach them and all the other kids have had the fire safety talk a billion and a half times. It has never, ever been an issue before. However, for whatever reason...on this night...Luke decided to see what would happen if he touched a piece of paper to the flame. I think he panicked when he realized what he did, so he dropped it and ran.
I scooped up the paper as fast as I could and went tearing outside with this flaming mini-torch and threw it into the snow...right as our dinner guests were walking up the drive-way.
"Welcome to the circus!", was the only thing that I could even think of, to say...