Sunday, January 23, 2011

Welcome Home, Elder Cody Garrard

On Thursday, we ventured to the airport to pick Cody up. The kids were exceptionally excited to see him and had a hard time controlling themselves! They had waited a long two years for him to return from the Philippines and the last 20 minutes nearly killed them!
 ~Cody and Brittney~
 ~ Cody and Aunt June~
Mom wasn't there...but having her sister there to support him, was so wonderful. We don't get to see her as much as we would like and we really enjoy any time that we spend together. She has such a fun personality and it really feels like Mom is around, when we get to be with her. 

  ~Cody and Brittenay~
~Cody and ME~
A man's best friend. :) Joey jumped right up and snuggled with Cody. We all laughed over how a dog never forgets. We also had to laugh at how cold Cody was/is. He's so used to a different climate, that he's done nothing but chatter his teeth for the last three days!
Little Peanut, wasn't so little anymore! On the left is the day that we brought her home from the hospital, so about 2 months before he left. On the right, is Thursday. It's amazing how much she's grown! She has gained about 20 lbs and he's lost about 30 lbs! :) All that rice and fish...

Code,
We're so happy that you are home. We've really missed your sense of humor and your smile. I've missed being able to talk to you and knowing that you're always good for a laugh. I know you came home to a lot of changes and we are all here for you and love you very much.
Now, lazy butt, it's been 3 days...get a job, would ya? ;)
Love, Me

1 comment:

Cody said...

Wow... Thanks Leeann. I'm working on get a job. Don't you worry about that. And I can't believe I'm home. I think speaking in Church today helped a lot. And it kind of let me just see everything that happened. It's weird to be home, but it's time to move on. I was called to serve a lifetime, I was called for 2 years. Man I'm glad that I served the Lord faithfully and diligently forr the last two years. It definitely helps me put my mind at ease... haha. Love ya! -Cody