Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Love

Love is a funny thing. You can't force it. You can't stop it. You can't control it. It just...happens.

Then, one day, you find yourself looking at your life...in shock..thinking, "Whoa...how in the world did I end up here?"

Love.

It's a word that gets overused. "I love spaghetti." and "I love puppies." and "I love those shoes."

That's not the kind of "love", I'm talking about.

I'm talking about the kind of love that makes you smile when they walk into a room. The kind that gives you comfort, knowing you can trust them to catch you, when you fall. The kind that forgives for mistakes and makes you laugh, on a bad day. The kind that doesn't ridicule or judge. The kind that is patient and gentle. The kind that still gives you butterflies.

I can see love.

In a smile. In a look. In a selfless gesture.

I can feel love.

In your kiss. In your hand, on the small of my back. In your fingers playing in my hair. In your hand, in mine.

Love is amazing...in that it gets even better with time.

I can't wait. I've got nothing, but time and I can't imagine spending it with anyone, but  you.

Love. It's such a funny thing.

3 comments: