Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just A Little Bit Longer



I wish every single day, that you could have stayed... just a little bit longer... till we were a little bit stronger.

I wish you could have stayed... to see Peanut run and hear Bailey play the piano.

I wish you could have stayed... to see Luke ride his bike and see what a big helper Avery is.

I wish you could have stayed... so that Ryleigh wouldn't still cry herself to sleep, because she misses you.

I wish you could have stayed... to see how well Josh is doing in school and so you could be here to see me hold my diploma. We want to make you proud.

I wish you could have stayed... so that you were only a phone call away. 

I wish you could have stayed... so that we didn't miss every little thing about you. Your hugs and your smile. The way you always dropped everything, to bake chocolate chip cookies. Your silly jokes and your laugh. The way you always made our birthdays so special. Your quiet strength and faith. The way we could talk for hours, about absolutely nothing. The way your house, always felt like home. The way you loved my kids, just as much as I did. Your horrible memory about little things...but you'd never forget the important things. Your endless "to-do" lists...that you'd usually lose amongst your billions of notebooks. The way you'd get so excited to go out to lunch with Aunt June. The way you'd shriek with excitement, when the kids would come running in the door, for a visit...and you never minded when they talked a mile a minute, all trying to tell you a story. The way your fridge was covered with their drawings...even more than mine is. The way you always took the time to listen.

I wish you could have stayed... just a little bit longer... because I don't think that I'm ever going to be stronger... or stop missing you.

Happy Birthday, Mom
1/26/61-5/19/09

3 comments:

Cody Garrard said...

I wish she could have stayed to give the hugs and kisses that always help me know that she was here for me no matter what. I wish that she was hear to see me when I eventually get married and have kids, so that my kids to would have the same memories we all do. But, I know she's here in spirit. I know that she was there at the airport to see me come home. I knew she was there the last time I was in the Manila Temple and told me (I don't know how) that she was proud of me, and that she'll always be here for me... just in a different way. I know that she's not with us physically, but I know that she'll always be here for us when we need her... I just different now... Nanay, mahal ko kayo! Ingat! (Mom, I love you! Take Care!)

Cody Garrard said...

Thanks Leeann, you always know how to make the tears fall... Don't you? haha

Leeann said...

Yep. I'm good at it. :)