Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Because That's The Kind Of Day I'm Having

I just sent my kindergartner to her 2nd day of school, covered in mustard, (from lunch) and in her sister's shoes (because she can't find hers).

Because that's the kind of day I'm having.

And she was late.

Because that's the kind of day I'm having.

My kitchen floor is covered in dog food, lettuce and cheese.

Because that's the kind of day I'm having.

I made blueberry muffins for breakfast and when I put mine down to referee a fight...the dog ate mine.

Because that's the kind of day I'm having.

There is a ham sandwich at the bottom of my stairs.

Because that's the kind of day I'm having.

It's 11:46 and Presley is already down for her second nap.

Because that's the kind of day I'm having.

I haven't done yesterday's or today's dishes.

Because that's the kind of day I'm having.

My hair is in a dripping wet ponytail and I have no make up on...and I have a doctor's appointment in two hours.

Because that's the kind of day I'm having.

If Josh tells me he is going golfing, one more time this season, I will probably file for divorce.

Because that's the kind of day I'm having.

I haven't even looked at my work for the day, and as such, I will be up till the wee hours of the night doing it.

Because that's the kind of day I'm having.

All I've eaten today is a snack size Mint 3 Musketeers.

Because that's the kind of day I'm having.

I'm going to take a 20 minute nap, put a smile on my face, clean up my house, start dinner, shave my legs, go to the doctor, finish my work, print out my school papers and make chocolate pudding for dessert.

Because that's the kind of Mom, I am.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Lee ... My world is better because you're in it. That's the kind of day I'M having today. <3

Whitney said...

You go girl!!!