Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Presley's Eighth Letter To Grandma

Dear Grandma,

It's been a while since I've written. I've been so busy learning new things, that the time has gotten away from me. You would be shocked with all of the things I can say now. I'm very polite and almost always say "please" and "thank-you". I can also tell Mommy and Daddy what I want, most of the time. They are very proud of me.

The other kids miss you a lot, Grandma. Mommy caught Avery crying the other night, saying "I miss Grandma!". It broke her heart, cause there was nothing she could do or say, to make it better.

The other kids missed your annual birthday outings with them, this year. They loved going out to lunch and then shopping with you. I told them that they were lucky that they even got to go once. I missed you at my first birthday. :(

Mommy has had a hard couple weeks, since her surgery. She remembers how you would always bring her favorite dinner to her, when she was sick. Great Grandma was so nice and brought her a lemon meringue pie. It made Mommy remember how you made her one every year, on her birthday.

Mommy and Daddy talk about all the things you are missing out on and how much they miss you, a lot. They know that you would be so proud of my sisters and brother and how much you would love me. I look a lot like Daddy, when he was little...though to be honest, I think I'm cuter. ;)

I love you, Grandma. Thank you for the many rainbows you have sent lately. We all run to the window and press our faces up against it, to see them. I know that you can hear us all yelling, "Hi, Grandma and Jared!". Thank you for the reminder that you are always there...watching over us.

Love,
Peanut

1 comment:

Mike and Jen said...

these letters make me cry! lol