Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If It's Worth Doing...

...anything and everything will go wrong, making it as difficult as possible...it's worth doing right.

Getting fall semester set up, has proved to be the world's biggest challenge. I know that it's because it is my last semester before I graduate. It's like something is trying to prevent all this hard work from paying off.

My university requires you to take a computer class as part of your generals. If you feel that the class is unnecessary, you can take six different exams, to test out of it. Since I am constantly running on empty time, I put off taking those tests until this summer.

I've now taken them and passed 5 of the 6. (You have to score a minimum of 70%, my lowest has been 81.2% and my highest is 100%...can I get a *high five*?) For some reason, they just have not corrected the 6th test.

The problem is, I have to have this test corrected and passed and posted...in order to enroll in my English 2010 class. These stupid tests are a pre-req for the class and I had no idea that this was the case, until I tried to register.

Now...the additional problem is that the department that governs these tests, is CLOSED the next two weeks, until classes resume. See my dilemma?

As if that wasn't bad enough, I am trying to get into an online English class, so that I don't have to worry about someone watching the kids while I'm in class. These classes fill up super fast, so I have no time to waste, getting registered. This English class is a requirement for my diploma, so I absolutely have to take this class, this semester.

Oh, it'll work out. I have no fear of that. It's just the process of getting to that point is slooooow and BuMpY.

However, that's okay. I just keep telling myself that all the struggles I've had and all the hurdles I've come across and all the tears I've cried because I'm exhausted and all the nights I barely slept...will make receiving my diploma that much sweeter.

1 comment:

Brittney Garrard said...

If you need me to I can watch the kids for you if you need to go in for the English class. I get off work at 2 now so I have anytime after that open and I have my own place. I would actually love to help you out and watch them for you if you need me to.