Sunday, August 22, 2010

How In The World?





How in the world has it almost been three years since I was bald? I can't believe it! I know time flies...but, it's crazy to realize that it's been that long ago.

I still love telling the story of that night. I love telling them how many people loved Mom so much, that they would do this for her. I love telling them how the girls that did it, held their heads high and were never embarrassed. I love telling stories about Mom.

I have never once regretted shaving my head with her. Not even when I realized how absolutely COLD it made me. ;) However, I won't lie...I'm happy that I'm no longer stared at, or pointed at.

I love when my children recognize a woman wearing a head scarf, when we're out. I love having the chance to say, "That woman is a fighter. She is amazing, just like Grandma." I love when they hear me telling my children this...and give me an appreciative smile.

Three years later...I wish Mom was here to see my new haircut and color... and tell me how cute it is. <3 

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That post gave me goosebumps.

Has it really been 3 years since we have 'met'? I remember finding you just as the head-shaving experience was happening. I fell in love with you (well, in a non-sexual way of course...hee hee) from the first post of yours that I read.

xoxo

ps: Wowza-- that top picture of you is AMAZING!!

common mom said...

3 years . . . it truly is amazing how time flies. I joined you shortly before the shaving and love your honesty and the glimpses of your life. Your new cut and color are PERFECT on you!!!

Keep on keepin' on :-)

Tina said...

I was blog-stalking today and came across your beautiful blog. Thank you from a daughter who lost her Mom to breast cancer 23 years ago. I needed to see this today:)