Thursday, July 29, 2010

Life Is Good

Despite a set back yesterday, life is good. Apparently it's not a good idea to hop out of bed after more than a week and get a pedicure, go to dinner with a friend and drive over an hour and a half. Whoops. Back to bed, for me.

But, overall...life is good.

I have some amazing people in my life, who have shown me such support through this nightmare. Thank you for the dinners and the visits.

I have a husband who has more than stepped up to the plate and totally taken the reigns at home. He has been amazing and hasn't complained, once.

I have five beautiful kids, who make me laugh. Every. Single. Day. They are so bright and so caring. I am one lucky Mommy.

I have my schedule set up for fall and despite taking four classes, to finish up my degree, it will be one of my easier semesters (I hope!). At the end of it all, I will finally have something to show for all the work and sacrificing. It's not the end of the climb, but it's a beautiful plateau.

I worked out some personal issues and finally feel at peace with things. Nothing feels better than that.

Both Josh's job and mine, have been so wonderful with us. We are both happy with where we are career wise (for now) and that is an amazing feeling. I feel secure, financially, something we haven't felt since Josh's layoff, last October.

My new philosophy on life: "Get rid of the negative people in your life - surround yourself with positive people who believe in you and inspire you."

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm so happy for you!!! You've worked hard and you deserve to feel proud, accomplished and at peace! Now go rest... ;)

Erin said...

u have such a great & positive attitude on life!
glad you are feeling better!

Andrea said...

I love to hear you happy. :)