Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"I Hope You Have A Child Just Like You!"

I think every child hears some version of it, growing up. "I hope you have a child just like you, one day!" or "Your child will be just like you...doubled!"

All I have to say to that is..."Thanks, Mom!"


I got a child like Bay. She is so incredibly sweet and is always thinking of others. She loves to make treats to bring to the elderly neighbors that live on our street and she's the first one shoveling their drive-ways, in the winter.

She loves to read and draw. She is always writing poems, letters or songs. I adore reading the stuff that she writes and she shocks me with how insightful she is.











I got a child like Ry. She is so smart and never seems to struggle with anything. She understands new material so quickly and will happily help others around her.

She loves to make people laugh and she is incredibly nurturing. She is going to make an absolutely wonderful mother, one day.








I got a child like Avers. She is so comical and witty. She is beautifully stubborn and will forever stand her ground. She is sarcastic and constantly keeps me on my toes.

I love that she challenges me. This tells me that she will never be someone who gets pushed around or who will "follow the crowd." She is her own person and won't let anyone tell her any differently.











I got a child like Lukey. He is so tender and loving. He can be all boy, rough and tumble...and then climb up on my lap and cuddle, during a story.

He loves to tell jokes and stories...stories that he swears are true. ;) He loves to tease and it's rare to find him without a smile on his face.












I got a child like Peanut. She can make you smile, even when you are in a horrible mood. She loves to give hugs and tease you with kisses. I can already tell that she is going to be quite the comedian.

Her little vocabulary is growing by the day and I just sit in amazement at the things that come out of her mouth. She is intelligence and tenderness, wrapped up into a tiny body.










So, again, thanks, Mom. I got five little people who took some of my very best qualities...and magnified them. They are everything that I could have hoped for...and more. They are the best parts of me, rolled up in cuter packages. They are wonderfully, amazingly, stunningly, perfectly...mine.

2 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Your children are some of the best- I honestly feel that way! I am honored to know them and their fabulous Mom!
I always tell Aspen- "You are all the best parts of me, without all the bad". And that's honestly how I feel. She and Braden (and hopefully Camden) are all the things that God gave me...without all the stuff I muddle up myself :)

Andrea said...

So perfectly sweet!! Loved it! You really did get a great bunch of kiddos!

ps: I'm canvassing for participation for my blogoversary post: http://andrea-just-as-i-am.blogspot.com/2010/06/change-of-plans.html