Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Have A Friend

I'm so lucky that I can say that sentence.

"I have a friend."

I've been reflecting on a lot of things lately and my friendships have been one of them. I am such a lucky girl. I have such wonderful friends and have so many people that I can count on.

If I were to throw every single one of my friends into a room, it would be such a diverse group of people, that it would make me laugh. I have no "standard". My friends come from all walks of life. They believe different things. They live different lifestyles. Some are parents, some aren't. Some are married, some aren't. Some are female, some are male. Some are younger...some are more experienced. :)

I love that I have such an array of influences in my life. No matter what I "need" at the moment, I know that I always have the perfect someone to fill that void. I know who to call if I need a laugh, a shoulder to cry on or a question answered.

Thank you, to all my friends. The ones I talk to often and the ones that I don't. The ones that let me help and the ones that help me. The ones that are new and the ones that are old. The ones that know everything about me and the ones that are still learning. The ones that make me laugh and the ones that let me see them cry. I love you.

I'm so lucky...I have a friend.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi - I happened on to your blog this summer, and have enjoyed it so much. It is fun to see what you have been up to, and your cute kiddos. Then I started thinking, she must really be having fun with this blog because it really comes through in your writing. So, I decided to become a blogger instead of a blurker. :) Thanks!