Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I Didn't Want This

It's funny how when you're younger, you picture your life a certain way.

I was going to use my four year, full ride scholarship to the University of Utah, to become a special education teacher. I was going to live downtown, near shopping malls, theaters and people! I was going to be independent and never need anyone. I was going to eventually marry and have no more than three children.

Instead, well...you know my life.

Chaos.
Stress.
Insanity.

Oh...and this:




I'm so happy that I didn't get anything that I wanted.
I ended up with all that I needed...and more.

5 comments:

Mom said...

I'm glad you didn't get everything you wanted when you were younger too cuz look at what you have now. They are all part of us.

Andrea said...

Love this post!!

Amy said...

What a great post. Kind of reminds of lyrics that say "some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"

Now that I'm older (wow did I just type that?) I can really appreciate the meaning of that song. Garth Brooks maybe??

Tosha said...

I saw your kids with Josh at Walmart a few days ago. My mom and I were enjoying watching them and talking about how cute they all were. Then Ryleigh ran her cart with Luke and Presley inside into a pole (while racing with Bailey I'm thinking)...those are the cute little crazies I know!

Lacey Sue said...

I fully agree with this! I never knew what I wanted until I DIDN'T get what I thought I WANTED. (Does that make any sense??) I didn't want marriage and kids- I wanted college graduation, world travel and independence. I never knew what I really needed and wanted was a sweet hubby and 2 (and a half hehehe) kiddos that I love more than life!!!