Saturday, March 27, 2010

Don't Ask Me - I'm Just A Girl

It has recently come to my attention that certain humans (some of the ones with penises) have an issue with an intelligent woman.

I heard on the radio last week that 80% of men admit that an intelligent woman is a turn off. I actually joked about it and thought it was kind of funny...until it became apparent this week that that number is shockingly accurate.

To have a man tell me that he is smarter than me, infuriates me. I'm not the smartest person out there... I'm not insinuating that I am... but I'm not a "dumb girl". This person feels that he is smarter than most women and can do more than most of them. (His words...not mine.)

(For the record, it wasn't Josh that said these things. He is, after all, still alive. Had it been him, we would all be attending a funeral today.)

Now, I know I'm a girl and all...but I would think some part of intelligence is not feeling the need to exert your superiority, in order to prove it. I also think that people skills might play a small role. Intelligence should be something that is apparent...not something that you feel the need to point out.

But, don't ask me...I'm just a girl.

No comments: