Friday, February 19, 2010

What Do You Do?

While discussing a friend's job responsibilities, he then asked me, "What do you do?". I really had to laugh, because "What don't I do?", might be easier to answer!

I gave him the short version answer, but it made me think so much...that I thought it would share it.

I get paid to deal with people's home owner's insurance policies.

I pay to sit in a classroom 12 hours a week, study another 18 hours a week and stress 168 hours a week.

I don't get paid to kiss owies, help with homework, do ponytails, braids and buns, make well balanced meals, clean the house - including extraordinary disaster cleanups, play barbies, smile when I'm tired, never have alone time - even in the bathroom, tackle Mt. Laundry Everest, not grimace when given a sticky kiss, drive here, there and everywhere, dry tears, tickle away a bad mood, be a therapist, judge and jury, tell the truth - even when it hurts, paint tiny toenails, stand my ground - when I want to give in, say "WOW! for the tenth time when someone says "Look, Momma!", repeat myself all day long, cuddle while watching movies, read stories, dig for worms, watch the same movie seven times in one day, make treats for the neighbors because my kid love to give, stress over sick kids, laugh at silly jokes with no discernible punchline or tuck kids into bed - multiple times.

But you know what? I'm okay with it.

Because that's what I do.

1 comment:

mickey said...

you just about summed it up! oh, i check my friends blogs too! he he he no offense intended! i was just trying to come up with something new to add to YOUR list.