Monday, February 15, 2010

My Typical Day

"Momma! Momma! Momma! HI!"
As I slowly open up my eyes
Her huge personality and smile
Really contradicts her size.

I reach down, to pull her up
And we snuggle till the sun
Footsteps coming up the stairs
Means my day has begun.

And so begins the careful dance
Of eating and gathering clothes
How I manage, without losing my mind...
I don't think anybody knows.

Drive here and there, and back again
Criss-crossing the county map
Throw in work and playtime and mess...
And I'm ready for a nap!

But there's laundry to be done
Along with dishes, meals and floors
Getting tired, is never an option
I need to hit the gym and stores!

Mid-afternoon and they're all home
There's tasks and homework to do
"Hi honey, here's dinner, I love you, good-bye!"
Mommy has school tonight, too!

Mandibular notch and temporal bone
All running around in my head
There's so much to learn and so much to do
More than one tear, has been shed.

Then it's quite late, when I get home
I sneak into their rooms for a kiss
Is it wrong that I really like them
When they're sleeping and still, like this?

I fall into bed, at the end of the day
Tommorow has more stress to bring
But, I'm smiling...because, I love my life
And I wouldn't change a thing.

~Leeann Garrard 02/2010~

2 comments:

Mom said...

That was awesome! That is your life rolled into one poem. Add to your list: Write one book of poems for mommies! :)

mickey said...

my hero. you fill the title so well. take your crown and run with it!