Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Don't "Do" Change

Yeah, yeah..."change makes the world go 'round", "without change, nothing is possible" and "change is inevitable"...I've heard it all before.

Well...blah.

I don't handle change well. I like structure. I like consistency. I like to know that tomorrow, everything is going to be the same as it was yesterday. I am not a "roll with the punches" kind of girl. I like to know that I can depend on things to...remain.

Looking at the last year, it's a wonder that I haven't been committed to a place with three square meals, of happy pills, a day. So much has changed.

People have left and people have come back. People have disappointed me and people have surprised me. I've pushed myself further than I ever thought I could. I've been pushed further than I ever thought I could be. I've made new friends and found old friends. I've stood my ground and I've toppled over.

I've grown and I've...changed.

Huh.

Such irony.

4 comments:

Amy said...

you forgot "the only constant is change." which is one of my favorites!

Andrea said...

oh honey, i am SO with you on the whole change thing. i am very structured too. i guess i'm not surprised; this is just one more of the many ways we are alike. ;)

Erin said...

the only change i like is the change I initiate. and even then it takes some time for me to like that change.
but...it's inevitable.

mickey said...

i'm still here. maybe i came and went and can't remember?!? did we go ice skating or was that my imagination?