Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week Two of Eight

Well, another week is over and something has happened.
Come closer...I'll whisper it...
I've fallen in love with the gym.

I started out the week scared to death with how I was going to stick to my running program and by the end of the week I was surpassing what I should have been doing. (Naughty me.) I can't wait to move into next week's program and struggle...only to conquer it by the end of the week. That is such an awesome feeling.
The quotes I used for this week were:


"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that is true strength."

"Only as high as I reach, can I grow,
only as far as I seek can I go,
only as deep as I look, can I see,
only as much as I dream, can I be."

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

We changed gyms this week. The old gym is 2 minutes away and the new gym is 10 minutes away. Sounds silly, except that the new gym is also $8 cheaper a month and it also includes 90 minutes of daycare a day, so Josh and I can work out together! I love that! We never had time for both of us to go to the gym, because one of us always had to stay home with the kids. Now I know they are being watched (we can even watch them in the playroom, while we're in the gym...gotta love cameras) and we can get in a good workout.

The new gym also has a basketball court, lap pool, cardio cinema, racquetball courts, spinning room and lots of classes. I tried out yoga this week and WOAH...I am still hurting!

So, all in all, not a bad week. I got in three runs and a yoga class...and lost 2 more lbs. Nothing dramatic...but a step in the right direction!

5 comments:

Gail said...

Doing awesome!!

mickey said...

nothing dramatic...heck girl you just changed your whole routine. you go girl! i am so proud of your sucess! it was so much fun to see and bee with you a yoga. how'd josh do tonight, i missed class! i'm going tomorrow night 8:15pm, wanna go?

Whitney said...

Way to go!!!!

suebug said...

You. Are. AMAZING!

The Lowe Family said...

Sooo, I've never done this before, but I clicked on the "next blog" button at the top right hand corner of MY blog (never noticed that before) and i found YOU!

super cute family you have! just had to say. :)

peace out.