Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week Three of Eight

Well, one more week down. My hardest, yet.

I started out the week feeling stronger in my running, than I finished it...and that worries me. Thoughts of next week are scaring me. My mind is starting to play games with me and I've got to find a way to overcome it.

My body is starting to realize that what I'm doing is now routine and it's beginning to protest. My shin splints are flailing up, my knee is bugging me a bit and I have some strange feeling in my left ankle. But, all in all, not so bad. It's nothing that is going to stop me. My body just better realize that this is our new normal and it better keep up!

The quotes I used this week, are:

“If you only do what you know you can do- you never do very much.”

“We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action.”

“Whether you believe you can or believe you can't, you're probably right."

I lost another 3 lbs, bringing my total to 9 lbs in 3 weeks. Sure isn't as fast as I'd like...but this isn't The Biggest Loser and I can't devote my entire day to me. So...I'll take it! :)

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Good job! Keep up the good work!

mickey said...

Are you kidding me? 9lbs in3 weeks is kick butt! I don't do that! I'm average 1-2lbs a week. You go girl! Make sure you are stretching sufficently before and after running. this is a no injury zone, remember?

bequi said...

My doctor told me to prevent shin splints, you should rotate your ankles clockwise and counterclockwise 30 times each before running.