Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week One of Eight

Well, my first week is over.
I went to the gym three times and ate all damn day every few hours. It sure was time consuming, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I never really got hungry (except that I did wake up STARVING), and I never really got full.
Here is an example of what I ate in one day:

8:00 am: 1 C cream of wheat, 1 egg w/ 4 egg whites
10:00 am: 5 oz chicken breast, 3/4 C brown rice
Noon: Chicken fajita on carb control tortilla
2:00 pm: 4 oz tilapia, 1 C broccoli, 4 asparagus spears
4:30 pm: 1/2 C cottage cheese, 1 rice cake
6:00 pm: 5 oz chicken breast, 1/2 C brown rice, 1 C spinach, (all of that drizzled with 1 t olive oil), 1/2 grapefruit
(went to the gym)
9:00 pm: 1/2 C cottage cheese, 18 All Bran crackers
(bed at midnight - I don't eat right before bed)

I told you that I'd share the quotes that I read, while I was running. Maybe they'll inspire YOU! Here you go:

"If you want to become the best runner you can be, start now. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering if you can do it."

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."

"Remember today, for it is the beginning of always. Today marks the start of a brave new future filled with all your dreams can hold. Think truly to the future and make those dreams come true."


So...was it worth it? Did it do anything for me?
Well, I sure feel better. I have more energy and I just generally feel good.


Oh yeah...and I lost 4 lbs. :)
Moving on to week two...

7 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow! Nice going!!! Keep up the good work, you hot momma!

Timmy and Traci said...

WOOT WOOT!!!! Love that you are getting all your meals!!! keep it up!

Timmy and Traci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nannette said...

I saw this on a tee shirt at the gym in Phoenix - "Some people wish for it; others WORK for it"

common mom said...

Good for you! You're inspiring me . . . in my mind at least . . . now to get off my behind and actually get going again :-)

mickey said...

i always knew you had it in you. race ya to the cure!!! and hopefully the slc half! 5k! whatever you decide!

Dave said...

You are SO much more creative than me when I go on a diet. When I do the 6-7 small meals a day, it's usually just cottage cheese and chicken breast. I may use your menu and work from there next time.