Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Presley's Sixth Letter To Grandma

Dear Grandma,

Happy Birthday! Today, we should be celebrating your 49th birthday, but lucky you...you're hanging out with the angels! I bet "Happy Birthday" played on harps is the most wonderful sound...

I took my first steps this week, Grandma! Mommy and Daddy were so excited! Mommy immediately went to call you...and then she remembered that you were gone. Silly Mommy...you already know! You were here holding my hand when I did it. Help me do it again, Grandma! Help me to be big and strong.

Bailey, Ryleigh, Avery and Luke still talk about you every day. They tell me all about you and all the things that you loved to do. I wish I could tell them that I know you, better than they do. I'm lucky to still be so little, that you come to visit me. Keep coming, Grandma. I promise that I won't tell your Heavenly secrets.

Do you even celebrate your birthday in Heaven, Grandma? I'm kind of thinking that you don't. What a sad day that must have been for Heavenly Father, the day that he had to let you leave. I bet that the day of your passing, is the day that you rejoice. What a beautiful day for you...you got to go home! It's hard though...you going home, meant leaving us all behind. Your happiness, is our sadness.

I love you, Grandma! Please keep watching over me and the rest of my family. They all miss you so much.

Love,
Presley

4 comments:

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Dixie Millers said...

These letters never fail to make me tear up. Love you guys and hope you are all holding up ok today.

mickey said...

That was tender. I loved it. Missing you too Pat!

Andrea said...

That was perfectly beautiful!