Saturday, January 2, 2010

Overcoming Myself

I am making myself crazy.
I am the type of person that once I decide to do something...it's final. Even if it's hard. No excuses. No exceptions. Somehow and someway, I find a way to make things work out.
And then...there is running.
Before Presley, I got up to 2.5 miles. I could run that straight and was so proud of myself. Now? I can barely do .5 mile. Is it because I just can't do it? No. It's because my mind takes over and I talk myself out of it.
I am having such an issue overcoming my mind and just doing it.
A friend of mine is training to do the SLC half marathon in April. I know when she told me, she was hinting to me that I should get training and do it with her. I so badly want to. I really do. I have no desire to do a full marathon...the though of pushing my body like that just doesn't appeal to me. But, a half marathon is something that I actually think I could do.
*sigh*
I don't want to commit to something so huge, only to fail and let her down. Let myself down. But, maybe it's the commitment I need, to push myself to train.
*sigh*
Me needs to think on it.


“Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice
at the end of the day saying,
"I will try again tomorrow.”

3 comments:

Tazzygirl2000 (AKA Erin) said...

You can do it!!! go for the half-marathon! Secretly, I have always wanted to do it myself, but I never had the dedication to! Good for you for thinking about it- now DO IT!! You are awesome and can do anything! You have a whole lot of readers who will support you every step (haha, get it, step.. oh man, I am so not funny) of the way!

Pamela said...

Happy New Year! I am have been thinking about running the half marathon this year too. As a goal setter (and I think all moms who are going to school fall into this category!) training for the big day just may give you some additional incentive to continue training regularly to meet the goal. That is one of the reasons I am thinking about doing it because it is something I can work towards. Wishing you and your family all the best for 2010 and whatever it holds for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it