Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's "DO"...Not "DON'T"

As I browse through blogs of people I went to school with (yeah, I'm checking up on you...if you're reading this, you must be checking up on me, too *waves hi*), I'm struck by how many of them have gone on to do amazing things and live in amazing places.

I take a step back and look at where I came from and where I am.

Location wise...I've made it about 2 miles away, since high school. I've not been around the world. I've not lived in exotic places. I've not learned new languages or been exposed to new cultures.

Career wise...I don't know that I'd call it a "career". (Please, dear God, tell me what I'm doing isn't a career!!) It's a job. It's flexible. It allows me to work from home and I help bring in a little money. Not too exciting.

School wise...I'm not graduated from a prestigious school. I don't have a gigantic diploma hanging on my wall...yet. This part of my life is under construction.

It's kind of a tad depressing.

I see what everyone else has accomplished and I feel...blah. It's like I'm running a decade long race against my old school peers and I'm trying to finish it one-legged.

Then, I look at what I DO have...and I'm reminded of all that I have accomplished. I DO have a wonderful family that I am raising in a loving, happy home. I DO have a wonderful husband that loves me and supports my dreams. I DO have goals and I'm beating a steady path towards them, every single day.

I DO have this:

...and they make me the luckiest person in the world.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Please Leeann, stop worrying about what everyone else is doing or have accomplished. You are a great person with a wonderful family and anyone lucky enough to have you in their lives will ask, "How does she do that?" You work, (so what if it's from home, it's still work), you raise 5 beautiful children and go to school on top of that and get good grades. You have gone so much further in your short life than a lot of people. Always remember, (my mom used to tell me this) there are a lot of people out there that have it so much worse than you. Consider yourself lucky that all is healthy, you have food to eat, clothes on your back and a roof over your head. And lots of love from family. Your dad and I are and always have been very proud of you.

Sharon said...

Love it. Love this post. Love your darling kids and your cute self. Keep up with your amazing blog, because one day you will be able to get it published and THAT will be your career. :)

Bethany said...

Your family is so precious- I really enjoy reading your blog! I feel the same way a lot of times, b/c I don't have a family with kids though I'd love to, or a husband, but then I realize that I have a great group of friends and a job I truly love. People accomplish things in different areas of their life- your family is a blessed one! :)

PS, your mom's comment sounds exactly like something my mom would say!