Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Have Learned...Have You?

It's getting close to the end of the year. That time when one sits and reflects on the past, while hoping for the future. I've been through so much and learned so much this year.

I've learned that joy can be found in a five pound miracle and laughter can make my soul soar. I've learned that love doesn't heal all things and neither does time...but life does go on. I've learned that minutes are precious and I shouldn't take any of them for granted. I've learned that people can change and so can I. I've learned to really listen when my children speak, because sometimes they aren't just whining and they have something important to say. I've learned that I really like Diet Coke with lime.

I've learned that I may not always make the best choices, but at the time they made me happy, so I can't regret them. I've learned that a hug can better a bad day and a small "Get Well" gift sent to a neighbor, teaches my children about compassion. I've learned that garlic tastes good in nearly everything and how to make hair bows. I've learned that I should ask for help when I need it, but I've learned to appreciate those that don't make me ask. I've learned that I love seeing tulips peeking out of the snow and jalapenos are really good on a cheeseburger.

I've learned (and I'm still learning) not to judge a book by it's cover. I've learned that friends, new or old, are not to be taken for granted. I've learned that every day, my children are learning from me...so I better make sure they are learning the right things. I've learned that I can always count on Josh, even if I forgot it for a while. I've learned that a person can make fun of a Snuggie, but once you try it, you will love it. I've learned that everything doesn't have to be done right now. I've learned that I am stronger than I thought I was. I've learned that courage and confidence are a daily lesson. I've learned that my attitude is a choice and no one can make me feel a certain way.

I've learned that even though I'm tall, I'm going to wear heels because I like to. I've learned that I need to keep those people that matter, close to me and to let others go. I've learned that no one can destroy me, but myself. I've learned that my life isn't perfect and it never will be. I've learned that I love the sound of the rain and I don't mind the kids sneaking into my bed, as much as I tell them I do.

I've learned that yesterday does matter. It tells my story. It tells the future who I was and what I contributed to the world. I've learned that I have to live today, so that my yesterday is something that I am proud of.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That was THE most perfect post EVER!!

ps: The Snuggie? REALLY?! :)

Leeann said...

Really. I LOVE IT! :)