Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey Traditions

Things are going to be a little different this year. I know that and I'm okay with it. Mostly. However, some traditions of mom's I just didn't want to let go, because my kids loved them so much.
She loved making everyone these turkey cookies. Every year at our place at the dinner table, was a little turkey.
While gathering the things to make the cookies, I realized how much thought actually went into making these cookies. It never occurred to me to buy extra candy corn at Halloween and horde them for Thanksgiving. Well, after visiting every store in the county, I was realizing that I should have! Apparently candy corn is a big seller at Thanksgiving, too...because if I found a spot on the shelf where it was labeled that they should be...it was empty. I finally found some and turkey making was on!
Notice Avery's turkey on the far left. I don't know what happened to that poor bird, but his beak was connected to his feet. :)
Even Presley was allowed a taste. The girl LOVES food!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
FROM OUR FAMILY
TO YOURS!

1 comment:

suebug said...

DARLING tradition, glad you are keeping it alive ;)!