Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 - My Quilt

I'm thankful for healthy, happy, perfect children. They may make me scream, but they also make me laugh. They may make me crazy, but they also make me proud. They may make me cry, but they also make me smile. They make me "Mommy". It is not just a title, but a responsibility that I embrace wholeheartedly.

I'm thankful for my husband and for the second chance that life has given us. Like the saying goes, "We may not have it all together...but together we have it all."

I'm thankful for the memories I have of Mom. I strive everyday to make her proud of me. I miss her so much, but I would rather remember the wonderful moments, than cry about the missed ones.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to go to school. That wouldn't be possible without the love and support of people in my life. I cannot wait to fulfill my dreams and prove to my children that with determination, anything is possible.

I'm thankful for all of the material things that I have in this world. While they may not be the "best", they are mine. Josh and I have worked hard, to have what we have.

I'm thankful for my job that is incredibly flexible. It allows me to work around the most important things in my life.

I'm thankful for my family. All of you. Each person plays an important role in who I am and who I'm becoming.

I'm thankful for my friends. I am blessed with an amazing number of friends, that come from all walks of life. I always know that no matter what type of support I need, there is always someone will to step up and be there...no questions asked.

I'm thankful for each part of my life. The past. The present. The future. The people in it. The people that used to be. The people that will be.

All of this, sewn together, is my life's patchwork quilt.

It may be worn in places. Some colors may have faded. The stitching may have come undone in spots.

But, all together, it tells a story.

My story.

No comments: