Monday, November 23, 2009

I Feel At Peace

I feel like I have closed another chapter of my life. I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders, when I didn't even know that one was there.
Presley turning one this weekend has made me realize how quickly time passes. I am done with pregnancies and newborn phases. I can't go back...and I'm okay with that.
I'm looking toward the future and I like what I see! My kids are all at varying levels of independence, but progressing. It's so wonderful and amazing to see them grow and change. Now I get to focus on raising my family, rather than adding to it.
This epiphany couldn't have come at a better time. I've had this sense of urgency over the last few weeks, that I feel I need to pay attention to. I don't know what is evoking these feelings, but I've found in the past that when I recognize these promptings, I had better pay attention to them.
I am loving school. It's stressful and crazy, but I love it. I've been back at it for two years now and I figured I probably had another two or three before I would even consider nursing school. I wanted Presley to get a bit older, before I tackled something like that. Lately, I've felt something pushing me forward. Something is telling me that I shouldn't drag this out and that I need to hurry it up. I don't know what it is, but I'm going to meet with my counselor next week and figure out what I need to do. I've talked to another mom that is currently a 2nd year nursing student and she hasn't sugarcoated it...but she's made me feel that I can do this!
I don't know what pre-req's I still have to do, so I need to find out and start checking them off. I'll probably throw in online classes where I can, so that I'm not gone from the house more often then necessary.
It's gonna be crazy. It's gonna be stressful.
It's gonna be worth it.

3 comments:

suebug said...

You amaze me, always have. The things you can conquer and achieve are above and beyond the norm. Your amazing, and I admire you desire to reach, to stretch, to break out of the typical expectations and achieve greater dreams and goals. Keep on going, I am here, as always, being your little personal cheer section!!! ;)

Rachel said...

I'm in that cheer section with Lacey!!! You are amazing, Leeann!

McKell Anderson said...

It will definitely be worth it and I am looking forward to the day you post your graduation pictures on your blog!!