Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Little Catch Up

Wow. I can't believe that it's been so long since I've updated. I'm shocked that my grandparents didn't send me an email telling me an update was long overdue! ;)
My weeks seem to fly by, lately. I feel like I'm constantly running...but never actually getting anywhere.
My birthday was great. Patti and Dad threw me a little birthday party and we got to visit with some of the family. Josh's grandma must have heard me telling Brittenay (my sister-in-law) about how I would be without a lemon meringue pie this year, with mom gone. My Meme always made me one when I was younger and for the past decade mom always made sure I had one. I'm not a huge cake fan...I just want my pie! :)
So, Grandma and Grandpa showed up right before I left for school and she had a pie for me. I actually cried. Over a pie. It was such a sweet gesture.
Another year older...and I'm falling apart! My headaches have been insane lately, so I finally got an appointment with an optometrist. Wouldn't you know it...I need glasses. Those should come in next week and hopefully they will rid me of these headaches. I wake up with one, have one all day and fall asleep with one. It's getting rather old.
School has been crazy. I had my first test this week and it was by far the hardest test I've ever taken. I'm still waiting to see what I scored on it. Thankfully, the professor grades on a curve, because no one walked out of that room with a good feeling. We've also had a lot of fun in the lab and got to do blood typing on our own sample and have practiced staining bacteria. I'm definitely learning a lot...but it's also exhausting me.
The kids are all doing great. They've all gotten into the swing of school. Avery and Pres have been sick the last couple days, but hopefully they'll be over that soon.
I hope everyone else has had a great week!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Good to hear things are going well. Hope your headaches leave soon! Bring the kids over and let them play while you enjoy some down time!

suebug said...

Leeann with glasses...I gotta see that!! You are SO gunna rock them babes!! I hope, truly hope, they nix the headaches for you!!

Andrea said...

i hope glasses are the cure for your headaches. and you know, there are a lot of funky glasses out there..you're gonna look great in them!!