Monday, September 28, 2009

Keeping My Head High

It happened tonight.
We were told that it wouldn't and that we were okay.
We were told not to worry.
We were lied to.
Josh is getting laid off on Tuesday. Apparently over four years with one company, means nothing.
When he called to tell me, I went through a range of emotions. Anger. Panic. I cried. I yelled. And then I realized...what am I doing? (Other than scaring the hell out of my kids.)
Tears will fix nothing. Yelling will fix nothing. Anger will fix nothing.
I will find a solution. We will be okay.
Years from now, my children will never remember this.
But, they will remember how mommy reacted to it.
I will keep my head held high.
And a smile on my face.

7 comments:

suebug said...

I am here for you. If you need me, just text, call, write, come over...whatever. I will help you in anyway I am able. Your in our prayers....keep your head up girl.

Amy said...

I'm so sorry Leeann, that is horrible. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

The Dixie Millers said...

Leeann if you guys need anything you know where we are! We love you guys, keep your heads up and we will pray for you all.

Whitney said...

I love you!

Pam said...

I am so sorry! I can't believe you have to deal with this. If it helps any- my parents seemed to take turns getting laid off from work as I was growing up- one year dad, next year mom, etc. I never knew we were poor or having financial trouble. So, you are right- your kids won't remember this. Hang in there!

common mom said...

I'm sooo sorry! I got laid off last December after 13 years at the same company. It is NOT fun.

You guys are a strong family . . . you will figure it out and all will be OK. Your kids will never remember it. They will remember how awesome you guys are as parents and how wonderful your family is and that you are always there for each other.

I'm thinking of you!

Andrea said...

Don't be afraid to ask for (or accept) help from your family & friends during this transition time, my friend. They will want to bless you. Let them.

xo