Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm Still Learning

I'm having one of those days. You know the kind...you wake up, realize it's Monday and want to cry over the crazy schedule that you have laid out for the next five days.
I'm feeling overwhelmed. Between work, my school and homework, kids' school and homework, appointments and general life chaos...I'm wondering why I do this to myself. I don't have to go to school. It's a choice. I don't have to take on half the chaos that I do. It's a choice.
Sometimes it takes me teetering on a psychological breakdown, to remember why I do it.
I do it because I have goals for tomorrow, that can only be achieved by actions I take today. I can talk about all the dreams and goals that I have for myself and my family, but unless I am doing something to move toward those goals...I may as well be moving backwards.
There have been, and will continue to be, obstacles. I have to approach them with the attitude that I can overcome them. No matter what they are...my goals are important enough to force me to find a solution.
This is something that I hope to instill in my children. I want them to know that nothing worth having in this world, is handed to you. Hard work, dedication and determination will put you in a position to achieve your personal happiness.
I just hope that they will learn this, sooner than I did.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Why does bettering yourself always come with chaos? It will be worth it in the long run. Keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel. And you are setting a wonderful example for your children! Don't give up!!

Andrea said...

I don't think you have any idea how much I admire you, Leeann.