Sunday, August 23, 2009

Years Go By

Tomorrow morning I will drop this little girl off at her 3rd grade classroom. I don't know how the time passed so quickly, or how she got so big, so fast. This little girl made me a mommy for the first time and we have learned so much together. I'm going to miss her imagination and her chatter.

Tomorrow morning I will drop this little girl off at her 1st grade classroom. She has tried her entire life to catch up to her big sister and now it has kind of happened. She is "finally" in school all day, just like her sister. I'm going to miss her quiet, gentle personality.
In two weeks, I'm going to drop this little girl off at her second year of preschool. She has been stubborn and a fighter since the moment she was conceived. I brought home her tiny little body from the hospital and she has been doing things her way, ever since. I won't lie...I'm going to enjoy the 2 1/2 hours of quiet, from her being gone. :)
In two weeks, I'm going to drop this little boy off at his first year of preschool. I can't believe that the time has come for my tiny "Little Man" to go off without me, to learn new things and meet new friends. I was so scared to be the mommy to a boy, but he and I have figured it out along the way. Again, I can't lie...my house will stay cleaner with him gone for 2 1/2 hours! :)
This little peanut has done a lot of her own growing over the last 9 months. It will be nice to have some quiet time with her, a few times a week. The thought of her ever being old enough to go to school, makes me tear up. She is my baby. My perfect, tiny baby. I can't picture the day that I will drop her off and drive away. But, I know that all too soon...it will come.

I teach you to walk,
so that you can learn to walk down your own path.


I teach you to talk,
so that you can make your own thoughts and opinions known.


I teach you to ask questions,
so that you will make appropriate choices.


I teach you to stand up for yourself and your family,
so that you will understand that I will always stand up for you.


I teach you to forgive,
so that you will know it's okay to make mistakes.


I teach you compassion,
so that you will learn to never judge another.


I teach you, but all along you teach me...
how important my job really is.

6 comments:

Pam said...

Your kids are all wonderful and amazing! I would love to have any one of them in my classroom!!

common mom said...

I hear ya . . . I can't believe my kids are in 4th and 1st grade this year. Man, how time flies.

You've done a wonderful job raising them . . . they will do fine :-)

Robbie and Mindy said...

You brought me to tears Leeann! One day I won't be called Mommy anymore. Time goes by too fast.

suebug said...

OH MY WORD!!! I AM CRYING!!!!!!!! Your kids are so wonderful, I love them each and everyone! I hear you on the hoping for a bit more quiet and cleanness, but it still is a shock to the old heart!

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness! Such beautiful babies!

My friend texted me this morning with "My baby just started his first day of first grade today." My co-worker's baby just started his first day at a 4-year college.

I think I may never be ready for any of that..

bequi said...

CUTE pictures and I love the last thoughts. I think I'm gonna scrap book that. Or maybe embroider it on a pillow... No, scrapbook.