Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sorry, Baby. Not All Your Dreams Will Come True.

"Momma...I miss Grandma."
"I do, too, baby. I do, too."
"I wish she was here."
"I do too, baby. I do, too."
"Sometimes, I dream that she didn't die and she's still here."

It sucks being a Mom sometimes. When you have to be the one to tell your child that no matter how much they want something...they will never get it.
I don't want to be the one that tells my children that they cannot achieve all their dreams... no matter how hard they work. I don't want to be the one to tell my children that some things are out of reach. I don't want to be the one to break my children's hearts.
But, sometimes, that's part of the job of being the Mom.
Breaking their hearts.
And being there to hold them...while they cry.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I cannot imagine explaining that to a child. I hope things get better and I hope knowing families are forver will give the children some peace, too.

suebug said...

I agree with Amy...there is peace in knowing families are forever, but the sting of mortality is too bitter sometimes, for a child to grasp. It hurts, on the deepest level of our souls to lose a loved one- especially someone as special as Pat. But that's why it hurts, she was SO deeply loved- that when she departed, she took a huge chunk of so many peoples hearts, lives, and souls with her. But she keeps that chunk safely with her- as she waits for you all to be reunited. I love you girl, and i love your sweet family...I will continue to pray for you all!