Saturday, August 22, 2009

Presley's Fourth Letter To Grandma

Dear Grandma,

Time is passing quickly, Grandma. I can't believe it has already been over three months since you left me. So much has changed and I have changed so much.
I'm becoming very mobile and I like to scare Mom by rolling and scooting my way under the kitchen table. She doesn't find it funny when she can't find me...but I do! Mommy says I am so cute and smiley. She hugs me extra tight, to make up for the hugs I don't get from you.
School is starting soon and Mommy is realizing how different it will be this year. Grandparent's Day. The preschool Halloween program. The first grade circus. All of the things that you looked forward to every year, will now pass with tears. Mom will always see an empty seat, that you should be in.
We talk about you every day, Grandma. We know that you are healthy and pain free, but it's hard not to selfishly want you here with us. No one is ever really prepared for the hole, that death causes in their life. Knowing that we will all be together again one day, isn't comforting when all we want is you here now.
I love you, Grandma. Mommy loves my smiles when I sleep and she knows it's because you are whispering in my ear. She says thank you for the beautiful double rainbow the other day. Two perfect rainbows...one for you and one for Jared. It reminds us to pay attention to the beauty among the rain.
The happiness, among the tears.

Love,
Presley

1 comment:

Gail said...

That was beautiful!