Monday, August 31, 2009

Lake Point Days - 5K

Bailey and Ryleigh ran the kids' mile and did SO great! Bailey took a minute off her time from last year and Ryleigh took off FIVE minutes! I'm so proud of my girls.
I did the 5K with Mickey and Gail. The heat was insane and there was no water stations, but all in all, we did pretty good. It did remind me that I need to get back to training!
Two beautiful girls and one tired momma! Patti, Me and Gail
What a good sport! (Don't worry...she got me back!)
Avery and Pres were a great cheering section! Luke never sits still long enough for a picture.
Gavin and Pres (Uncle Kevin holding them)
It's so great to have such a supportive family cheering us on!
Mickey got me into running in the first place...and she encourages me to keep it up!

It was a great way to spend a Friday evening. It's always nice to see people encouraging each other and reconnecting with old friends.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I like how the uncle's shirt looks like it reads, "The 'tot' package"

:-)

Erin said...

good for u! the thought of running makes me tired :)

suebug said...

YOU ROCK!!!!! :)

common mom said...

Yay for you! I'm still only running one mile at a time without a break . . . no 5K for me, yet ;-)

Andrea said...

Did your girls seriously run A WHOLE MILE?!?! That's incredible!!