Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Bailey!


My beautiful baby girl is 8 years old today.
I still remember the day that we brought her home from the hospital. I laid her down in her crib for the first time, sat down in the rocking chair and thought, "Now what?".
She was, and will continue to be, my first everything. My first pregnancy, my first kindergarten drop off, my first lost tooth. Watching her grow and change has been trying...but it has given me immense joy.
Bailey is beautiful on the inside and out. I couldn't ask for a better daughter to try out the pre-teen years with, for the first time.
Happy Birthday, beautiful! I love you so much!

As an added treat...a conversation at the breakfast table this morning:

Bay: (talking to Luke) "Do you know how to make pink?"
Luke: "It's not red! It's brown and..."
Bay: "No, you take red and mix it with white and that makes pink."
Me: "How do you make green?"
Luke: "It's not red!" (What does he have against red?)
Me: "Nope, it's not red. I know you know it, Bay. Ryleigh, do you know?"
Ryleigh: "Yellow and blue."
Me: "Yup. Good job."
Bailey: "My turn...ask me a question."
Me: "Okay...what is the capital of Utah?"
Bailey: "U!"
Me: (laughing so hard I can barely speak) "It's Salt Lake City!"

4 comments:

Pam said...

How cute! I love that conversation! Happy Birthday to your beautiful Bailey!

The Dixie Millers said...

Wow, 8 years already. Seems like it was yesterday you guys lived in that little duplex! Happy Birthday Bailey

suebug said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAY!!!!! Your so darn beautiful!!!! Hope your special day was fabulous in every way!!!!

Nannette said...

Bailey is a beautiful 8 year old. AND also so loving, funny, and intelligent! The picture gives a glimpse of what the grown up Bailey will look like -- definitely a heartbreaker! Time goes so fast! Thanks for sharing the conversations! Hugs all around!