Friday, July 31, 2009

Bailey's Baptism

In the LDS church, you have a blessing shortly after birth, but you are actually baptized at 8 years old. Bay has been waiting "forEVER" (according to her) to be 8.
I was brought up in the Catholic church and at 8 years old in that faith, you have your first communion. My grandparents bought me a beautiful white dress to wear for that special day. I love that Bailey was able to wear that exact same dress, for her special day.



Afterward, she finally got her birthday cake and party. She is one happy girl! One happy, beautiful, wonderful, amazing, loved girl...
...who is growing up too fast.

9 comments:

suebug said...

How totally neat that she got to wear your communion dress!!!!!! THAT IS SO NEAT!! I love it, she looked totally beautiful in it too (which I am sure, her mommy did as well!!) Congrats Bay on finally making it - after waiting for SOOOO long ;)! I am proud of you! Your one terrific, beautiful, fabulous little girl...quit growing so fast...your going to give your mother a pre-mature ulcer!! ;)

Pam said...

I just love the sheer excitement in her smile. How special that she could wear your dress! She looks beautiful.

Rachel said...

When did she get baptized?? What a special day! Wow, I can't believe she is 8! Congrats, Bailey!

Whitney said...

Such a beautiful family and Bailey is soooooo sweet!!

Erin said...

How neat that she got to wear your dress!!

Andrea said...

She looks beautiful in your old dress. How special!

Love that picture of you looking at her.

bequi said...

That really is a beautiful dress. My family has one baptism dress that every girl (including cousins) has used for over 20 years. I love traditions like that.

Nannette said...

I love the pictures and the fact that she wore your communion dress. Do you have a picture of you in the dress?

Bethany said...

What a special story and day for your family :) Congratulations to her!