Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

I absolutely adore the 4th of July. It is my favorite holiday and I love living in a small town and experiencing all that a small town has to offer.
My day started out with the 5K that I did with Nannette. (Pictures to come as soon as she emails them to me...hint...hint...).
Following that, was the town parade, where the kids got about their weight in candy. After a dutch oven dinner at my house with friends and family, we sat on the high school lawn and watched an amazing fireworks show.
I love the close community feeling that this day brings. Running into old friends, showing off how big my children have gotten and the smiles on every one's faces just can't be beat.

~my beautiful family~
~fighting aside, they really do love one another~
~they are all getting so big~
~all american kids~
~loving on peanut~
~she loved the day's festivities too~
This year we were so lucky to have a friend of mine from my "Mommy Blog" come to stay with us for the weekend. Lindsay, Kasper and their son, William, just moved to the States from Sweden. Lindsay is from here, but Kasper is from Denmark and William was born in Sweden six months ago. They moved here so that Kasper could continue his education at Duke University. Luckily, they decided to do some traveling before setting down for the school year, and we were able to meet. The babies have had so much fun together and I feel like I've known Lindsay forever. Their little family fits in easily with ours and we are really going to miss them when they leave.
~william and presley~
~decked out for their first 4th of july~
~watching the fireworks: me, pres, lindsay & william~

I hope you all had a fabulous holiday weekend and took some time to remember our troops. We are the land of the FREE...because of the BRAVE.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

They are so precious! Happy 4th to you all- we are having a family reunion so lots of activity here! :)

Jen said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are so cute Leeann! I love every one of them!!

And look at you? 10 lbs already! You are AmAZING!

bequi said...

I love Luke's mohawk!

Hillary Mondragon said...

It was so fun sitting by your adorable family at the parade! Thanks for the hair tips! Your family is precious-I love looking at your blog-you are an awesome mommy!!