Thursday, June 4, 2009

Presley's Letter To Grandma

Dear Grandma,
I miss you so very much. My Mommy and Daddy and sisters and brother still talk about you several times a day and I love listening to the stories that they tell.
I'm getting big, Grandma. I'm eating vegetables now and I'm working really hard at rolling over from my back to my belly.
Lately, I've discovered that I love the sound of my voice. Pretty soon I'm going to be talking and I am going to tell our little secret. I'm going to tell everyone how late at night, when everyone is sleeping, you come to visit me. You gently lean over my crib and hold me in your arms and whisper how much you love me.
You look so good, Grandma. You look healthy and not in pain anymore. I know that you miss us all, but it must be so nice to be with Jared again. I love my Uncle Jared...he took care of me until it was time for me to come to Earth. He would hold me in his arms and tell me about the wonderful parents that I would have. Finally, one day, he told me that it was time. Mommy had been waiting for me long enough and it was time for me to be in her arms.
He told me that soon, you would be coming to live with him in Heaven, Grandma. Because of that, it was decided that I would be born early, so that I could spend as much time with you on Earth, as possible.
I wasn't sad when you left us, Grandma. I knew where you were going and it is a place far superior to Earth. Give Uncle Jared a hug for me and tell him that I miss him, but that I filled an empty hole in Mommy's heart...and that's an important job.
I love you, Grandma. From one end of the rainbow, to the other.
Love,
Presley

P.S. I think Mommy knows that you visit me. Sometimes, she sneaks into my room, and peers into my crib, to watch me sleep. One night when you came to visit, I broke into a great big smile, in my sleep and I heard Mommy whisper, "Thanks, Mom. Hold her tight and keep her safe. I love you."

10 comments:

Whitney said...

So sweet... I'm wiping the tears from my cheeks right now. You all have one of the best guardian angels there is!

suebug said...

Leeann, you've GOT to stop making me cry EVERY TIME I READ YOUR BLOG!!!!!!! ;) Seriously, I have NO doubt that Grandma Pat checks in with ALL of them. Sad thing is, the older we get, the less likely we are to recognize that. Pres can still see, hear, and communicate with her, her veil is so thin right now. I too thank Grandma Pat for checking in with you all...cause I love you guys like my own!

Chris, Emily and Ryker Allen said...

I agree with Lacey.... everytime I read your beautiful blogs I am just sobbing. That was such a sweet letter. I am so happy you have angels in heaven looking after you and your family!

Erin said...

That little girl sure knows how to make me cry :)

Pam said...

So, now that I am done crying and can see the computer again- that was beautiful. Simply beautiful!

Brittney said...

Seriously today was a miss mommy day and now I miss her ever worse! It is frustrating that they can see her and I can't I hate not know what she is doing, I hate not talking to her everyday. Thanks for the post and the comfort of thinking how amazing it is that she is watching over me and my boys, and that they can see her and I can't dang it.

Beth said...

Beautiful.....

bequi said...

Anthony and I got a lot of comfort knowing his brother got time with Sarah before she came to earth.

Bonnie said...

You have such a way with words Leeann. It is a beautiful talent. Thanks for making me cry. :)

Andrea said...

oh my goodness, leeann. that was so beautiful.