Thursday, June 11, 2009

Our Summer Schedule

I need structure in order to survive and not lose my mind. Anyone close to me knows my obsession compulsion fascination with lists, color coding and Rubbermaid.
I have six people working against me, or my entire house would be completely organized to perfection. Order makes me feel calm and put together.
So, with that said, I came up with a daily schedule yesterday. I realize that kids behave better when they have some structure and know what they are supposed to be doing and when they are supposed to be doing it.
Call me crazy. BUT! It worked wonderfully yesterday. Let's hope the other 60+ days of summer go as well.

9:00 am: Everyone needs to be up, dressed and having breakfast
9:30 am: Brush teeth and daily chores
10:00 am - Noon: Outside play
Noon: Quick pick up (toys, dishes, garbage, ect. that has managed to invade the house in the last 2 hours)
12:30 pm: Lunch
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm: Quiet time ( they can choose: nap/reading/math/educational computer games)
2:30 pm - 5:00 pm: Outside play
5:00 pm: 2nd Quick pick up (because you know they've caused a mess again!)
5:30 pm: Dinner
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm: Outside play or TV time (their choice)
7:30 pm - 8:30 pm: Showers, brush teeth, prayers
8:30 pm: BEDTIME!
This is so nice, because I know when I can schedule in time to work and do my homework. Let's hope that it lasts!

8 comments:

The Dixie Millers said...

Good luck with that, let me know how it goes!

Erin said...

Good luck with that! We try to maintain some kind of schedule. Some days it works, others not so much.

Shellie said...

Wow! You are lucky it worked. Hope it keeps working. I do schedule things in, but not that specifically.

Pam said...

I'm stealing your schedule! Except mine get up earlier than 9....maybe one day they will sleep!

Melessa said...

We have a summer schedule too. My older kids are horrified, but so far it's working...

bequi said...

I really hope it works out for you!

Andrea said...

Wonderful idea!! I should totally do something like that too. If my kids KNOW what is happening when (and for how long), things go much smoother.

Bethany said...

Sounds like a great schedule! How is it working?