Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Flower Hair Clips

A friend of mine (from my "Mommy Blog") wanted some flower clippies for her daughter's hair. Layla and Presley were born on the same day, so she'll always hold a special little place in my heart.
Michelle (Layla's Mom) couldn't decide exactly what color she wanted, so I figured I'd give her a selection! These can all be clipped right into Layla's hair...lucky girl has a whole head of long hair already...or clipped on to a headband. All of the flowers are clipped on to a ribbon holder that Michelle can hang from a hook or hanger.

~Finished Flowers~
~Close up of finished flowers~

Michelle called me and told me that she found the perfect white flower, with a rhinestone (fake!) in the middle, to go with Layla's baptism gown. The catch? The baby boutique was charging $40! I couldn't believe it! For something I can make for $5! I told her that was ridiculous and that I would make Layla one instead. Hopefully, this is what she was talking about and it goes well with her dress.

7 comments:

Steph said...

SOOO Pretty! Oh how I want another girl!!

Pam said...

those are all so pretty! You did a great job- you should start selling those!

Tinabean said...

So cute you did an awesome job.
I miss having a little girl.

Jen said...

SOO perfect Leeann! You are so creative! I can't believe it though. . . 40$?!?! Are people insane!?! Do people actually buy them at that price? My friend just showed me how to make cute hair clips a couple weekends ago. SO easy and so fun! Have you seen the ladybugs and bee's etc. They are really easy and ADORABLE!

common mom said...

You need to start a little store on your blog . . . they're beautiful! You could make them for pretty cheap, and sell them cheap as well . . . you'd still make some money and the rest of us wouldn't have to spend a gazillion dollars on things we're not talented enough to make ;-)

bequi said...

SUPER cute. How do you make them?

Meesh said...

I can't even tell you how special I feel that I made your blog. The flowers you sent to Layla are BEAUTIFUL and will be cherished forever! Thanks a million, LeeLee!!