Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Only SOCCER Balls On The Field, Please! :)

Soccer time is here again. For the next 10 weeks my Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings are dedicated to cheering on the girls, kissing any owies and rolling my eyes at the parents who act like the kids are playing for an Olympic gold medal.
Bailey and Ryleigh have already played for three seasons, but it's Avery's first time on the field. I'll consider it a success if we make it through the season, without her making another kid cry.
Last night, practice was so cold, that I hung out in the van with Presley. As Ry and Avery's team played a scrimmage, Luke and Bailey were off to play at the park, on the other side of the field. Sometime later I look up from my paper to see my son running through the scrimmage...with his pants around his knees and his "equipment" wagging in the wind. He had an accident and didn't' like the feel of the wet pants, I guess! I jumped out of the van and ran to him, meanwhile the game came to a complete halt and the girls' coach was cracking up. Leave it to my son!





Yup...I'm a Soccer Mom!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Hilarious! I bet the lady who was laughing was probably thinking something along the lines of "Been there, done that!"
You have the most entertaining kids!

Pam said...

hee hee hee- sounds like something my little guy would do! hope you have a great soccer season!

suebug said...

I about DIED when I read that his "junk" was flapping about...HAHAHAHAH! GO Luke!!!!
Your photographic skills are fantastic, that and it doesn't hurt that you have totally adorable kids ;)! Go Avery (MAKE SOMEONE CRY, that would ROCK), Go Roo!!!! And Luke, let's try and keep Mr. Wee wee hidden okay?! :)

Liz said...

Hahahahaha! I am dying right now! That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!! Hahah! Your kids are adorable!

yfm said...

That's why I love those kids with all my heart that is pure joy.